Support Wikipedia Reflections of Art: Listen Amaya

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Listen Amaya

I had to see this movie because of Farooq Sheikh and Deepti Naval. I saw it today and I was a little disappointed. The story was good, but they made a mess of how the daughter handles the change in her life. The music was rubbish because of its placement and the unnecessary songs (as they do with so many Hindi movies) - I enjoyed the cinematography and the screenplay at times, like the time that Deepti narrates her story to her daughter. The movie was half an hour too long...

The reason I am writing though is because of Farooq Sheikh. I wouldn't say that he is a fantastic actor, but I will say that he is an actor you want to fall in love with. Something so blithely adorable about the guy and the way he creates his character.
He was a good guy. A plain good guy in the city of New Delhi who saw the beauty in the people about him, he spread a smile and a warmth in others. As he walked away with Amaya towards the end and didn't say a word, I saw in him a good life. An honest life lived truly, lovingly and a dash of humour in the simple things we take for granted.

A good life is what we strive for towards the end. Nobody knows when illness will come by, and death will take away a loved one, or a financial crisis will throw us off - all we can do is control who we choose to be. A good life is one that is lived consciously.

All in all, a cute movie - see it for Farooq Sheikh.
For me, it was another eye opener.


No comments:

Post a Comment