Support Wikipedia Reflections of Art: Glee

Monday, June 7, 2010

Glee

You know what's missing in most movies nowadays? Heart. They may be cinematically brilliant and the actors might be better performers(?) but a certain truth is missing from even the most sincere movies today.
Glee is not a movie. Glee is a TV show which is also a musical. The TV show is such that I do end up greeting each episode with glee :)
Much of the show is nonsensical and far-fetched but that is exactly what musicals tend to be. Individual stories, songs and the performances tackle the minute miseries of our time. What this show manages to do is not easily describable but I can say that it makes me want to sit back, relax and just watch. I find it funny that I lock my door and try to dance along once in a while. The ease with which I watch it is greater than that while watching FRIENDS or Seinfeld. The show is a must watch.
The problem with TV shows is that it's difficult to sustain the same enthusiasm and art with which the first couple of seasons are created. We shall wait and see.
(Side note: The lead character - Will Schester (Matthew Morrison) - is incredibly cute and hot at the same time. The fact that he is a brilliant dancer just makes it difficult for me to remain straight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment